The online change of grade function will allow changes of grade, for corrections to initial grades, submission of late grades and removal of incomplete grades.

Access and Security

The same access and security rules apply to online grade changes as apply to web grading. The faculty member entering the initial grade is identified by ID number as part of the original grade submission, and grade changes will be identified in the same way.

Change of Instructor

If a change of grade or removal of incomplete is necessary for a section where the original instructor is no longer with the university, the academic department will have to add the faculty member who is reviewing the course material to the section.

Any questions on adding instructors to a section should be addressed to the department chair or the department grade contact.

Online Grade Change Process

The online change of grades process is most similar to the Keyed Data Entry option for entering final grades. In the Faculty & Advisors section of the account, the Final Grades - Change Posted Grades function is one of the options within the Final Grades menu. View the step-by-step instructions for additional information.

Online Grade Change Restrictions

An online change of grade cannot be completed for students who have graduated. A Change of Grade form may be submitted within three months of the final degree conferral.

An academic record where no other degree objective is being pursued is permanently locked/frozen three months after the final degree conferral, and all subsequent grade change requests will be denied.

Timeframe for Online Changes

Online changes to grades will be allowed for up to one academic year from the term when the course was taken. Any changes that are for a course older than one year will have to be made via a Change of Grade form, submitted to the Office of the Registrar.


Any questions on the use of online grade changes can be directed to the Office of the Registrar at or by calling 541-737-4048.