Dear OSU-Cascades students,
It makes a big difference when you connect with classmates and faculty, and engage in student life activities. Studies show that when you stay engaged like this, you’re more likely to stay on track, succeed academically and complete your college degree. Plus, connections you make -- even virtually – may one day help you land an internship or a job. Even better, connections make us healthier and happier, particularly during challenging times. Here are ways you can stay connected and engaged at OSU-Cascades this term:
- Your Faculty – 90% of recent OSU-Cascades graduates said their relationships with their professors helped them succeed personally and academically. Get to know your faculty better, you’ll benefit now, and in the long run.
- Recreation – Cascades Adventures will offer discounted Wilderness First Responder, Wilderness First Aid and avalanche trainings, as well as winter recreation skills clinics, discounted Hoodoo ski lift tickets and small group trip presentations and trip planning workshops presented by student leaders. Activities incorporate physical distancing or are presented virtually in keeping with OSU and Deschutes County risk level guidance. Learn more and sign up.
- Students Clubs – With 22 student organizations including four competitive sports clubs, you’ll find opportunities to explore your interests through educational, cultural and social lenses. If you can’t find a club focused on your interest, you can start your own.
- CampusGroups – Use your ONID email to access the Office of Student Life’s new app where you’ll find features like peer-to-peer chat, event registration, news updates and more. Learn more and download the app.
- Student Employment – Co-workers and supervisors can become lifelong connections. On and off-campus job opportunities are regularly updated on the Career Development Center’s Who’s Currently Hiring web page.
- TRACE OSU - Stay connected by helping us build a healthier campus community. Whether you are taking classes in-person or remotely, enroll in TRACE OSU campus prevalence testing for COVID-19. You’ll learn about your own and your fellow Bend Beavs’ wellness. Testing is random, confidential and takes less than five minutes.
My colleagues on the Enrollment Services and Student Success teams and I are here to help you stay connected every week this term so that you can be successful. Don’t hesitate to reach out with questions or ask for help at [email protected].
Jane Reynolds | she, her, hers | Executive Director of Student Success
Oregon State University – Cascades | 541-322-3132