While many FAQs are reflected below, specific process pages also contain FAQs. If you don't find what you're looking for here, please check pages relevant to the process in question. Below are those most frequently asked by students.

Undergraduate students should meet with their major advisor, who will submit the change of major for the student online. Program change requests must be made by 5:00PM on Friday of Week 2 to be effective the current term. Requests made after Friday of Week 2 will be effective the following term.This is due to differential tuition in some colleges.

Graduate students should consult the Graduate School Office’s change of degree/major procedures.

See Change of Grading Basis on how to request S/U grading option for a class and important deadline information. Note that a grade of S or U has no grade-point equivalent and is not used in GPA calculations.

Students are assigned a registration date and time based on their class level and total earned and in-progress credits. See Priority Registration for more details on the registration schedule and how to view your assigned registration date and time.

Several options are available for you to verify your enrollment at OSU. Enrollment verifications are available in a variety of forms. These include printing your class schedule, unofficial transcript, or obtaining an enrollment verification with the National Student Clearinghouse. Printed copies of your official transcripts may also be requested online. For additional information on verifying enrollment, see the Enrollment Verification page.

We call these your biographical details. If you need to change one or more of your biographical details, you may do so on our biographical information change request page.

Undergraduate, non-degree, or postbacc students who previously attended OSU but who have not been enrolled at OSU for four terms (not including summer) and wish to re-enroll in courses must apply for readmission. Readmission is at the same student level, college and academic program as previous attendance. See Readmission for more details about applying for readmission.

A dropped course does not appear on your academic transcript. A withdrawn course will appear on your transcript with a grade of W. The W grade does not affect your GPA.

Final grade for student are available approximately one week after the end of finals week for the term. The specific date for each term is listed in the academic calendar.

Review the information on the Transcripts page to obtain both official and unofficial transcripts.

While you can repeat courses that you completed before your degree was awarded, Academic Regulation 20 will not apply. This means that both takes will apply to your GPA. To maximize your efforts at GPA improvement, we recommend repeating courses prior to your degree being awarded. It is best to consult with your academic advisor before making decisions about repeating courses.

Departmental Contacts:

See the online catalog page at https://catalog.oregonstate.edu/subject-contacts/.