Verify Your Enrollment

Enrollment Verification

An enrollment verification is an official document that can be used to verify enrollment status for purposes of health insurance coverage, auto insurance discounts, loan deferments, scholarships etc. Enrollment verifications are available in a variety of forms.

National Student Clearinghouse

The National Student Clearinghouse is a service students can access to obtain an enrollment verification at no charge. To request an enrollment verification:

  • Login to MyOregonState
  • Select the Academics tab,
  • Under Resources section, search for National Student Clearinghouse Self-Service.

You will be routed to the National Student Clearinghouse website. Choose “Current enrollment” to obtain verification of the current term enrollment or choose “All” to obtain verification of your enrollment history at OSU. Once you have made your choice click “Obtain an Enrollment Certificate.” The certificate will load. Print the certificate and provide it whomever requires verification of your enrollment.

Terms prior to Spring 2000 are not available via the NSC. Transcripts may be used by students needing verification of enrollment for terms prior to Spring 2000.


Students who have completed one or more terms at OSU have an academic transcript which will include any currently enrolled/in progress courses. To print an unofficial transcript:

  • Log into MyOregonState
  • Select the Academics tab,
  • Under Academic Resources, click on My Transcripts.
  • Once your unofficial transcript appears, print it from the browser window.

If you require an official document, see Transcripts on how to order an official transcript.

Class Schedule

As soon as you have enrolled in courses for a term you may print a copy of your class schedule to provide as proof of enrollment.

Specialized Forms

Students in need of an enrollment verification that includes information not provided by the methods above may obtain verification of available information directly from the Office of the Registrar. To submit a specialized enrollment verification request, complete and submit the Verification of Enrollment form to the Office of the Registrar. Verification services provided by the Office of the Registrar are subject to a $15 non-refundable processing fee. Please allow 3 business days for processing.

Child Attending School

This section provides information for students who are attending OSU and who are receiving child support payments from their parent(s) regarding Child Attending School Confirmation and Written Consent for Disclosure for the Division of Child Support.

Students must present a Written Consent for Disclosure form (ORS 107.108) to the Office of the Registrar before or with the School Confirmation of Enrollment form for verification of enrollment. A Verification of Enrollment form must be attached along with these forms.

The Office of the Registrar will confirm a student’s enrollment for the current term. If OSU is between terms at the time of the request, enrollment will be based on the previous term.

Oregon State University evaluates a student’s ability to work toward their degree in multiple ways. When responding to a School Confirmation of Enrollment - Child Attending form in accordance to ORS 107.108, Oregon State University will use the following definitions in ORS 107.108; OAR 137-055-5110:

“Enrolled at least one-half of a full time course load” means the student is registered for 6 or more quarter credit hours. Please note that it is the responsibility of the student to request a modified form if registered as a Degree Partnership Program student and is taking credits at both OSU and a community college partner.

Maintaining satisfactory academic progress” means the student has one of the following standings:

  • Good Standing, including by default of meeting admissions standards if no formal standing has been determined from grading yet;
  • Academic Warning if the student is enrolled at least half time and working toward their degree; or
  • Academic Probation if the student is enrolled at least half time and working toward their degree.